The student news site of Lakeville South High School

The Current

Filed under Opinion, Student Life

Fan Bus remains spirited

The Cougar student section dressed in red, white, and blue for Veterans Day. Plenty of students cheered loudly, sharing their school pride. Photo courtesy of the Cougar Activities twitter page.

On the way back to Lakeville South from the Minnesota State Volleyball Tournament on Friday, November 11, fan bus number three had an interesting vibe to it. Everyone on the bus was impressed by the LSHS girls’ volleyball team for their intensity and dedication towards their sport. All students came to the event decked out in red, white, and blue for Veterans Day and continued to be in the same spirited mood as the morning they left. Despite a loss against Eagan, students continued to show peppy mindsets.

One student in particular, soph. Jake Howe, felt especially happy for the South Volleyball Team. He elaborated, “They were insanely good, and I am very proud of them. They get the job done.” This was in response to the determination and perseverance the team had shown within the few days beforehand of playing well-ranked teams. Howe loved cheering on players, particularly Carly Gonzalez and Alena Moldan, among others. He felt fans should always cheer as much as possible, because “it roots on the team, so why not?” Some of his favorite cheer moments from Friday included chanting “Let’s Get a Little Bit Rowdy,” along with the moment when Eagan’s student section cheered “Why so quiet?” with the South team responding with winning the point. Howe’s all-time favorite, however, was when Lakeville South fans cheered “Let’s play football,” recalling the win against Eagan early in the football season.

Howe never let the mood die on the way home from the tournament that morning. Singing along to songs like “Baby Got Back,” “Single Ladies,” and the most fitting, “Party in the U.S.A.” The uplifting songs and mood helped to encompass what almost all Lakeville South students were feeling for their volleyball team: proud.

Fan Bus remains spirited