The student news site of Lakeville South High School

The Current

Filed under Showcase, Variety

What is my zodiac?

The Babylonians are credited with the creation of astrology, which is the study of how stars and spatial movements are taken to have an effect on humanity and the Earth. The idea quickly spread to Greeks, Romans, Arabs, and the rest of the world. The zodiacs, however, are believed to have been developed by ancient Egyptians before reaching the Babylonians. Early astrologers assigned constellations to the twelve lunar cycles that it took for the sun to return to its original position. These constellations are associated with animals and people and align with the seasons. Additionally, the signs are subdivided into four groups: the fire signs, which include Aries, Sagittarius, and Leo, the water signs, which are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces, the air signs, including Libra, Aquarius, and Gemini, and the earth signs, which are Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. In recent years, a conspiracy has spread of a thirteenth zodiac sign, Ophiuchus, which called a lot of attention to the topic. The traits of the zodiac signs also pique the interest of people who are eager to learn what their sign says about them, which increases the popularity of the signs.

Traits of the signs:

• The zodiac sign Aries is defined as being courageous, optimistic, and independent. Negative traits of the sign include being impatient, vain, and egocentric.
  • People whose sign is Taurus are often reliable and ambitious. However, they may also show laziness and stubbornness in addition to being materialistic.
  • Geminis are expressive and quick-witted. Some are sociable, communicative, and always ready for fun, while others tend to be serious, thoughtful, and indecisive.
  • The sign of Cancer is characterized by the positive traits of being emotional and spontaneous but also the negative ones of pessimism.
  • Those with the zodiac sign Leo demonstrate a warm personality as action-oriented and courageous people. Other traits include being influential, passionate, and loyal.
  • People born within the month of Virgo have a tendency to be intelligent and practical. They are meticulous but show signs of being negative and cranky.
  • Libras, who are defined as charming and diplomatic people despite being superficial, and unreliable as well.
  • Scorpios have strong, demanding personalities and are intense, passionate, and dedicated. Other traits include ambition and loyalty.
  • Curiosity, energy, and optimism are traits of the Sagittarius zodiac sign. Additionally, these people are often extroverted and enthusiastic.
  • Capricorns are very determined and tend to be conservative and resourceful. However, they may be distrusting and unimaginative.
  • The traits of an Aquarius are truthfulness, curiosity, and affection. They are unpredictable and inefficient as well.
  • Pisces are often compassionate, intuitive, and artistic as well as faithful and patient. However, they may also be overly idealistic and impractical.

What is my zodiac?