The student news site of Lakeville South High School

The Current

Victory on Ice

Cougars too much for Cadets

Brandon Woods, Staff Writer

This past Thursday was the day the cougars advanced on in the battle for the state hockey title. Lakeville South faced St Thomas in the Xcel energy center in front of one of the largest groups of fans seen. Minnesota state hockey tournaments always attracts large crowds, with this game being no exception. Although st Thomas is known for their offense, the unstoppable cougar defense held them at bay while racking up goals.

This game was an incredible finish for the cougars. Being the underdogs, south entered the rink with many skeptical of their capabilities. However, after a very convincing game, any and all critics were silenced by their magnificent performance. With a finishing score of 5-2, South defeated st Thomas in an outstanding match. Each of the five points scored by South were scored by different players.

This game was filled with action-packed highlights. At one point, St Thomas had to pull their goalie. After a skirmish for the puck, Bradley Golant raced across the open rink and scored a point. Isaiah Dilaura had many incredible saves throughout the game, sealing the victory. Of the many shots St Thomas took, they were unable to score more than two points in the entirety of the game.
The game as a whole was a huge attraction. Tickets were sold out, and busloads of students were transported to support our team. Our student body did a fantastic job supporting the team with cheering and signs. In the end, our hockey team pulled through against the odds and came home victorious. This win guarantees our spot in the following game taking place on Friday at 6 PM. If successful, we will advance to the State final game and hopefully take home the trophy.

Victory on Ice