The Current

Class Officers, Homecoming Dances, and Donuts: Cameron Robinson aims to please.

Shea Chrisman

Shea Chrisman

Shea Chrisman, Staff Writer

Being senior class president and a senior class officer means coordinating many of the activities that happen during the school year. One of the biggest events that senior class officers coordinate is homecoming. Next to prom, homecoming is the biggest event that happens at Lakeville South every year. This year, as senior class president, Cameron Robinson described what he did to get ready.

“We met about four times over the summer and a couple times after school. We picked out everything” Robinson explained.

The most challenging obstacle for senior class officers, according to Robinson was to display the names of the homecoming court nominees somewhere since all the televisions around the school were broken. Instead, they posted the names of all the nominees on the wall above the cafeteria for everyone to see.

Among the nominees for homecoming court was the senior class president himself.

“I was a little surprised and happy,” Robinson said about his initial reaction to being nominated.

Robinson is excited to be on the court so he can represent the senior class. He also wanted to be on the court for the fun.

“I did because I thought it would be a good time,” Robinson said.

Just like being elected senior class officer, the student body took a vote to put Robinson on homecoming court. But, despite multiple students claiming that the voting system was rigged, Robinson, and many others got on the court fairly. Along with him are other senior nominees such as Heather Shea, Brianna Mcguire, Ryan Dircks, and Mason Conner.

Robinson said he asked people to vote for him for homecoming court and as a reward bought donuts for everyone who did vote for him.

Robinson Robinson is also trying to add another dance event this coming December. He plans to hold a winter dance for all students that will be a casual and fun activity for all Lakeville South students to participate in. Robinson is taking care of all of the planning for this event which includes coordinating with different businesses, talking to the other senior class officers, and organizing a DJ, food, space, etcetera. There is no guarantee that the winter dance will happen but Robinson is working as hard as he can to make it an actual possibility.

• Class Officers, Homecoming Dances, and Donuts: Cameron Robinson aims to please.

News

Minnesota Midterm Election Results

• News

Diversity Club sponsors week of awareness activities

• News

Students donate blood to Red Cross

News

Conspiracy club on the rise

Arts

Soundbox: Lil Peep- “Come Over When You’re Sober Pt. 2”

News

Minnesota Midterm Election Results

Sports

Q&A with Junior Running Back Johnny Shabaz

Arts

Peter’s Soundbox: Snail Mail- “Lush”

Arts

The Hate U Give: An Interesting Perspective on Police Brutality

Culture

Trick-or-Treating: Should High Schoolers Keep Going?

The student news site of Lakeville South High School